This bestseller has been an essential book for all those working with laboratory animals since it was first published in 1994. This fourth edition retains all the classic features that have made it a must-have reference including emphasis on best practice in order to improve animal welfare. The contents have been thoroughly updated and reorganised to make sure it is a really practical book for day-to-day use in the laboratory. The first section of the book covers principles applicable to all species, for example husbandry, handling and the education and training required by scientists and technical staff working with animals in the laboratory. Later chapters focus on specific species or groups of species. 390 p.
- Sarah Wolfensohn, OBE, BSc, MA, VetMB, CertLAS, FSB, DipECLAM, Dip ECAWBM-AW, MRCVS, Independent Consultant;
- Maggie Lloyd, MA, VetMB, DipHE, CertLAS, MRCVS, Independent Consultant.
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- Publication date (print): 2013-01
- ISBN (print): 978-0-470-65549-8
- ISBN (ebook): 978-1-118-47824-0