This pioneering book Photodynamic Therapy in Veterinary Medicine: From Basics to Clinical Practice offers an introduction to photodynamic therapy, a promising new approach in the treatment of complex diseases like cancer and microbial infections in animals. Addressing all aspects, ranging from basics to clinical practice, it presents the history and fundamentals of photodynamic therapy for non-experts. It includes a collection of basic and clinical studies in cancer and infectious diseases, as well as illustrations of successful treatment procedures and future perspectives and innovative applications involving nanotechnology and advanced drug delivery. This valuable resource offers readers insights into how the therapy works and how to apply it effectively in daily practice. 232 p.
- Fábio Parra Sellera, Editor. University of São Paulo, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Butantã, São Paulo (Brazil).
- Cristiane Lassálvia Nascimento, Editor. Santos Aquarium,Veterinary Unit of Santos Aquarium, Ponta da Praia, Santos, São Paulo (Brazil).
- Martha Simões Ribeiro, Editor. IPEN-CNEN/SP, Center for Lasers and Applications, Cidade Universitária, São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil).
- Publisher: Springer
- Publication date (print): 2017-02
- ISBN (print): 978-3-319-45006-3
- ISBN (ebook PDF): 978-3-319-45007-0