There are many ongoing debates within and about the subject of animal welfare. This book distils some of the major themes of current debate into one volume, edited by internationally known names in the field of animal welfare. Each chapter is written by one or more leading experts who discuss, in an even-handed way, a provocative topic that will be of interest to anyone concerned with animal welfare. Issues covered include tail docking, farm animal production, neutering of feral cats and the need to conserve habitats of native wild animals in the face of threats from non-native species. Chapters address the different values and priorities involved in dealing with these issues, including scientific and more explicit ethical approaches. Each chapter ends with questions for discussion that may help readers to engage with these dilemmas. 220 p.
- Michael C. Appleby, Editor. World Society for the Protection of Animals - WSPA - (UK).
- Daniel M. Weary, Editor. University of British Columbia (Canada).
- Peter Sandoe, Editor. University of Copenhagen (Denmark).
- Publisher: CABI
- Publication date (print): 2014-04
- ISBN (print): 978-1-78064-216-1