Ever since its establishment by USDA regulation in the mid-1980s, the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) has evolved as the premier instrument of animal welfare oversight within research institutions in the United States. As biomedical research continuously grows, the role and impact of the IACUC has increased in scope and complexity. The IACUC Handbook has become "the Bible" for individuals when the time comes for them to serve on their institution’s IACUC. It provides a foundation for understanding and implementing the many and varied responsibilities of this committee. 788 p.
- The detailed table of contents in this PDF is fully text-related. To optimize reading, click on the parts of the TOC you are interested in on the bookmarks to the left of the PDF:
- Jerald Silverman, DVM, Dipl. American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine, Member of the American Association for Cancer Research, Professor of Pathology, Adjunct Professor, Director of Department. University of Massachussets Medical School, Worcester, MA (USA); Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA (USA).
- Mark Suckow, DVM, Assistant vice president for research, Post-doctoral Residency in Laboratory Animal Medicine, Dipl. American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine. University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN (USA).
- Sreekant Murthy, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Adjunct professor of Biomedical engineering, and Senior associate vice provost for Research Compliance, Chief Research Compliance Officer, Responsible for all aspects of research compliance, research integrity, and export control. Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA (USA); Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ (USA).
- Publisher : CRC Press
- publication date (print) : 2014-05
- ISBN (print) : 978-1-4665-5564-8