Biomedical research using animals requires administrators and managers who are knowledgeable and highly skilled. They must adapt to the complexity of rapidly-changing technologies, balance research goals with a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements and guidelines, and know how to work with a multi-generational, multi-cultural workforce. Management of Animal Care and Use Programs in Research, Education, and Testing, Second Edition is the extensively expanded revision of the popular Management of Laboratory Animal Care and Use Programs book published earlier this century. Following in the footsteps of the first edition, this revision serves as a first line management resource, providing for strong advocacy for advancing quality animal welfare and science worldwide, and continues as a valuable seminal reference for those engaged in all types of programs involving animal care and use. 900 p.
- Robert H. Weichbrod, Editor. PhD, Vice president for the Institute of Animal Technology (UK), Chief animal program administrator. National Eye Institute of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda MD (USA).
- Gail A. (Heidbrink) Thompson Editor. Active member in the laboratory animal science community, Research positions in Laboratory Animal Centers, Director of Animal Resources, Co-founderof a company for animal research facilities and zoological parks. University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN (USA); Emory University/Yerkes Regional Research Primate Center, Atlanta, GA (USA); Britz-Heidbrink, Inc., Wheatland, WY (USA).
- John N. Norton, Editor. Director of the Division of Laboratory Animal Resources, Professor of pathology, Attending veterinarian for Animal care and Use activities. Duke University in Durham, NC (USA).
- Publication date (print): 2017-08
- ISBN (print): 978-1-4987-4844-5
Co-publishers on this second edition:
- ACLAM (American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine)
- ECLAM (European College of Laboratory Animal Medicine)
- IACLAM (International Colleges of Laboratory Animal Medicine)
- JCLAM (Japanese College of Laboratory Animal Medicine)
- KCLAM (Korean College of Laboratory Animal Medicine)
- CALAS (Canadian Association of Laboratory Animal Medicine)
- LAMA (Laboratory Animal Management Association)
- IAT (Institute of Animal Technology).