Fundamentals of Laboratory Animal Science provides comprehensive information on the principles and practices of using laboratory animals for biomedical research. Each individual chapter focuses on a key sub-discipline of laboratory animal science: animal welfare and best humane care practices in the laboratory; the quality control of laboratory animals; the anatomy, physiology, and husbandry of commonly used species; the principles of creating and using animal models for studying human diseases; practical techniques used for laboratory animal experiments; experimental design; and animal experimentation management. Knowledge of this broad spectrum of concepts and skills will ensure research goes smoothly while greatly reducing animal pain and distress. 366 p.
- Enqi Liu, Editor. Professor and Director. Research Institute of Atherosclerotic Disease, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Cardiovascular Research Center and Laboratory Animal Center, Xi'an, Shaanxi (China).
- Jianglin Fan, Editor. MD, PhD, FAHA. Professor and Chairman of Molecular Pathology; Chairman of Adjunct Professor. University of Yamanashi School of Medicine, Yamanashi (Japan); and Xi'an Medical University and Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, Shaanxi (China).
- Publisher: CRC Press
- Publication date (print): 2017-08
- ISBN (print): 978-1-4987-4351-8 (Hardback)
- Publication date (ebook): 2017-07
- ISBN (ebook): 978-1-3153-6899-3