This book is contemporary, topical and global in its approach, and provides an essential, comprehensive treatise on bovine tuberculosis and the bacterium that causes it, Mycobacterium bovis. Bovine Tuberculosis remains a major cause of economic loss in cattle industries worldwide, exacerbated in some countries by the presence of a substantial wildlife reservoir. It is a major zoonosis, causing human infection through consumption of unpasteurised milk or by close contact with infected animals. 284 p.
- Mark Chambers, Editor. University of Surrey (UK).
- Stephen Gordon, Editor. University College Dublin (ireland).
- Francisco Olea-Popelka, Editor. Colorado State University, CO (USA). Et al...
- Publisher: CABI
- Pubilcation date (print): 2018-04
- ISBN (print): 978-1-78639-152-0
- ISBN (ebook PDF): 978-1-78639-153-7