Featuring a new author team, this seminal book has been completely updated and significantly expanded. Following an outline of the basic elements of ophthalmic science relevant to study and practice, the authors provide a detailed description and discussion of each condition including etiology, clinical signs, diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy, as well as a section dedicated to presumed inherited eye disorders. The focus throughout remains on the clinical needs of the practitioner and the student. Beautifully illustrated in full color, the book is aimed at trainee and practicing veterinarians interested in all types of ophthalmic diseases and disorders. Focus is on small animals, but there is additional material on the horse and the cow. 728 p.
- Charles L. Martin [Editor]. BS, DVM, MS, Charter Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologist, (ACVO), Emeritus Diplomate ACVO, Professor Emeritus. University of Georgia, GA (USA).
- J. Phillip Pickett [Editor]. DVM, DACVO, Emeritus Professor. Virginia–Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, VA (USA).
- Bernhard M. Spiess [Editor]. DVM, Dipl. ACVO/ECVO, Professor Emeritus. University of Zurich, Zurich (Switzerland).
- Publisher: CRC Press
- Publication date (print): 2018-10
- ISBN (print): 978-1-4822-5864-6