Behavior is shaped by both genetics and experience--nature and nurture. This book synthesizes research from behavioral genetics and animal and veterinary science, bridging the gap between these fields. Rodents, cattle, pigs, sheep, horses, herding and guard dogs, and poultry are all included in these discussions of genetics and behavior, making this book useful to veterinarians, livestock producers, laboratory animal researchers and technicians, animal trainers and breeders, and any researcher interested in animal behavior. 488 p.
- Temple Grandin, Editor. Department of Animal Science, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO (USA).
- Mark J. Deesing, Editor. Grandin Livestock Handling Systems Inc., Fort Collins, CO (USA).
- Publication date (print): 2013-05
- ISBN (print): 978-0-12-394586-0
- ISBN (ebook): 978-0-12-405508-7