Practical Weight Management in Dogs and Cats is a comprehensive, clinical reference for the veterinary health team, providing the necessary tools to successfully manage pet obesity. Bringing together specialists in nutrition, internal medicine, critical care, and surgery and rehabilitation, the book provides an overview of prevention techniques, clinical management, and practical tips for implementing successful programs and educating owners. Covering topics ranging from taking a nutritional history and body condition scoring to calculating food dosage and client communication tips, this book is a resource for both veterinarians and veterinary technicians to address the growing problem of pet obesity. 447 p.
- Todd L. Towell, ed. DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM, Specialist in Managing Obesity-related Diseases and Clinical nutrition. Hill's Pet Nutrition.
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- Publication date (print): 2011-08
- ISBN (print): 978-0-8138-0956-4
- ISBN (eBook): 978-0-470-96098-1