Shelter Medicine for Veterinarians and Staff, Second Edition is the premier reference on shelter medicine. Divided into sections on management, species-specific animal husbandry, infectious disease, animal cruelty, shelter programs, behavior, and spay/neuter, the new edition has been reformatted in a more user-friendly design with briefer chapters and information cross-referenced between chapters. Maintaining a herd health approach, new and expanded chapters address issues of husbandry, infectious disease management, behavior forensics, population management, forensic toxicology, animal cruelty and hoarding, enrichment in shelters, spay/neuter, and shelter design. 741 p.
- Lila Miller, ed. BS, DVM, Vice President of Veterinary Outreach and Veterinary Advisor of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in New York, NY, Adjunct assistant professor. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (USA), School of Veterinary Medicine, & Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, NY (USA).
- Stephen Zawistowski, ed. PhD, CAAB, Science Advisor for The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in New York, NY, Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist, Adjunct professor, Adjunct Faculty member, Head of Anthrozoology Graduate Program. University of Illinois, Champaign,IL (USA), College Of Veterinary Medicine, & Canisius College, Buffalo, NY (USA) [Anthrozoology Program].
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- Publication date (print): 2013-01
- ISBN (print): 978-0-8138-1993-8
- ISBN (eBook): 978-1-118-44557-0