Stay ahead of the rising demand for orthopedic surgery in veterinary practice with the most trusted handbook for small animal orthopedics. Brinker, Piermattei, and Flo’s Handbook of Small Animal Orthopedics and Fracture Repair, 5th Edition is the expert reference you need to successfully understand, diagnose, and treat the wide variety of conditions affecting the locomotor system in small animals. 878 p.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- NEW! Advances in joint surgeries, specifically the knee, shoulder, and elbow, keep practitioners abreast of the latest technology and best practices.
- NEW! Coverage of minimally invasive surgery has been added to the many chapters.
- NEW! Advances in imaging (MRI, CT, and radiographs) are included to keep practitioners up to date on the latest technology.
- Updates on new fixation technologies include angle stable interlocking nails and locking plate fracture fixation systems.
- Updates on common surgeries include triple pelvic osteotomy and total hip replacement
- NEW! High-definition clinical photographs have been added to give readers a closer view of various fractures and repair techniques.
- Charles E. DeCamp, DVM, MS,Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons, Professor. Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI (USA).
- Spencer A. Johnston, VMD, Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons, James and Marjorie Waggoner Professor Head. Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA (USA).
- Loïc M. Déjardin, DVM, MS, Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons, Diplomate, European College of Veterinary Surgeons, Professor Head of Orthopedic Surgery. Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI (USA) et al...
- Publication date (print): 2015-12
- ISBN (print): 978-1-4377-2364-9