Rabbits make up a considerable proportion of the caseload in small animal practice, and knowledge of rabbit medicine and surgery has grown rapidly in the past decade such that one BSAVA Manual is no longer enough to do justice to this important pet. The all-new BSAVA Manual of Rabbit Surgery, Dentistry and Imaging concentrates on the major surgical and dental conditions that are so common in rabbits, while its sister volume (BSAVA Manual of Rabbit Medicine) concentrates on common medical conditions. A section on imaging covers not only radiographic techniques and their interpretation, but also ultrasonography, endoscopy, CT and MRI. A large part of the Manual is devoted to surgical techniques: General principles of rabbit surgery are discussed, as well as specific surgical techniques and procedures, from basic techniques such as neutering to more specialized techniques used in each organ system. A section is devoted to dental disease and abscessation, including the techniques required for a full dental examination and evaluation. 449 p.
- Frances Harcourt-Brown, Editor. BVSc, DipECZM(Small Mammal), FRCVS, RCVS Recognized Specialist in Rabbit Medicine and Surgery, European Recognized Veterinary Specialist in Zoological Medicine (Small Mammal), General practictioner, with pet rabbits forming 95% of her caseload. Harrogate, North Yorkshire (UK).
- John Chitty, Editor. BVetMed, CertZooMed, MRCVS. Director of a small animal/exotics practice. Anton Vets, Unit 11, Anton Mill Road, Andover, Hampshire (UK).
- Publisher: BSAVA [British Small Animal Veterinary Association]
- Publication date (print): 2013-12 [Reprint 2016]
- ISBN (print): 978-1-905-31941-1
- ISBN (ebook): 978 1 910443 16 3