The importance of animal behavior and psychological well-being is increasingly being recognized in the veterinary profession. This new edition is designed to be even more practical and user-friendly than the first. For a range of behavioral presentations, consideration is given to evaluation of the patient, including any possible underlying disease; evaluation of client attitudes, beliefs and behavior; risk evaluation; behavioral biology of the condition; acute management protocols; long-term treatment strategies; prognosis; follow-up; and preventive measures. A special chapter on shelter animals has been added, as this is an area where veterinary support is increasingly sought in both health and husbandry. 336 p.
- Debra F. Horwitz, Editor. DVM, DipACVB. Veterinary Behavior Consultations, St Louis, MO (USA).
- Daniel S. Mills, Editor. BVSc, PhD, CBiol, FIBiol, FHEA, CCAB, DipECVBM-CA, MRCVS. Department of Biological Sciences, University of Lincoln, Riseholme Park, Lincoln (UK).
- Publisher: BSAVA [British Small Animal Veterinary Association]
- Publication date (print): 2010-01 [Reprint 2015]
- ISBN (print): 978-1-905-31915-2
- ISBN (ebook PDF): 978-1-905-319-87-9