A practical guide to help veterinarians improve the welfare of their patients in their everyday work. A concise and accessible introduction to welfare that is both interesting and valuable in practice.The book describes ways to evaluate patients, develop in-practice quality of life assessments, resolve difficult clinical dilemmas, and turn good decisions into real welfare outcomes. It reviews available scientific information, legal issues and ethical dilemmas, and relates these to everyday case studies throughout... 206 p.
- James Yeates, BVSc, BSc, DWEL, DipECVS(AWBM), PhD, MRCVS, Chief Veterinary Officer at the RSPCA, Active member of the Animal Welfare Research community, Chair of the British Veterinary Association (BVA), Ethics and Welfare Group and British Small Animal Veterinary Association Welfare Committee.
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- Publication date (print): 2012-10
- ISBN (print): 978-1-4443-3487-6
- ISBN (ebook): 978-1-118-46370-3