Zoo Animal Welfare thoroughly reviews the scientific literature on the welfare of zoo and aquarium animals. Maple and Perdue draw from the senior author’s 24 years of experience as a zoo executive and international leader in the field of zoo biology. The authors’ academic training in the interdisciplinary field of psychobiology provides a unique perspective for evaluating the ethics, practices, and standards of modern zoos and aquariums. 221 p.
Series: Animal Welfare
- Terry L. Maple. Wilkes Honors College, Biology and Psychology Departments,. Florida Atlantic University, Jupiter/Boca Raton, FL (USA).
- Bonnie M. Purdue, Department of Psychology, Agnes Scott College, Atlanta, GA (USA).
- Publisher: Springer
- Publication date (print): 2013-03
- ISBN (print): 978-3-642-35954-5
- ISBN (ebook): 978-3-642-35955-2