The prediction of producing desirable traits in offspring such as increased growth rate, or superior meat, milk and wool production is a vital economic tool to the animal scientist. Summarising the latest developments in genomics relating to animal breeding values and design of breeding programmes, this new edition includes models of survival analysis, social interaction and sire and dam models, as well as advancements in the use of SNPs in the computation of genomic breeding values. 358 p.
►The purchase of this ebook includes:
- PDF with clickable table of contents, links, figures, & tables in text
- Additional links to open ebook online (Desktop + iPad-iPhone):
Opening on 2 pages
Clickable table of contents + links in text
Search engine bar
Page Printing/Batch Printing
Share by direct URL to QR Code + email
- Raphael A. Mrode. Scotland’s Rural College, Edinburgh (UK).
- Robin Thompson. Author of the chapter 15. Rothamsted Research, Harpenden (UK).
- Publication date (print): 2014-02
- ISBN (print - paperback): 978-1-84593-981-6