Equip yourself for success with the only book on the market that covers all aspects of equine surgery! Equine Surgery, 5th Edition prepares you to manage each surgical condition by understanding its pathophysiology and evaluating alternative surgical approaches. Explanations in the book describe how to avoid surgical infections, select and use instruments, and perfect fundamental surgical techniques including incisions, cautery, retractions, irrigation, surgical suction, wound closure, dressings, bandages, and casts. In addition to diagnostic imaging and orthopedic coverage, it includes in-depth information on anesthesia, the integumentary system (including wound management, reconstructive surgery, and skin grafting), the alimentary system, respiratory, and urogenital systems.1896 p.
- Jörg A. Auer, [Editor]. DVM, DRhc, MS, DACVS, DECVS, Professor Emeritus of Surgery, Former Director, Equine Department. Vetsuisse Faculty Zurich, University of Zurich, Zurich (Switzerland).
- John A. Stick, [Editor]. DVM, DACVS, Chief Operations Officer Emeritus, Professor Emeritus Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences. College of Veterinary Medicine; Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI (USA).
- Jan Kümmerle, [Editor]. DVM, PhD, DECVS, Senior Clinician Equine Surgery Clinic Equine Department. Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Zurich (Switzerland). Et al...
- Publication date (print): 2018-08
- ISBN (print): 978-0-323-48420-6