Companion Animal Care and Welfare: The UFAW Companion Animal Handbook presents a comprehensive, accessible and practical reference for all parties seeking information about the proper care of companion animals. 497 p.
- Identifies the needs of companion animals, explains how we know these needs, and gives scientifically-backed advice on how to meet these needs
- Promotes the most humane treatment and best possible care of our companion animals
- Addresses controversial issues such as selective breeding, companion animal showing, the keeping of exotic species, and the international pet trade
- Covers the husbandry and care of all major companion animal species, including mammals, birds, fish, reptiles and amphibians
- James Yeates, Editor. MRCVS, Chief Executive Officer at Cats Protection; previously Chief Veterinary Officer at the RSPCA, UK; Chair of the BVA Ethics and Welfare Group; member of the SPVS Council, BSAVA Scientific Committee and Equine Disease Coalition. Cats Protection, Sussex (UK).
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- Publication date (print): 2019-02
- ISBN (print): 978-1-118-68879-3
- ISBN (ebook PDF): 978-1-118-68876-2
Your purchase will add € 1 to our monthly crowdfunding to help: