Trends in Fish Processing Technologies not only reflects what is currently new in fish processing but also points out where things are heading in this area. This book provides an overview of the modern technologies employed and details the advances in fish processing, references to food safety management systems and food safety & quality indicators for processed fish in order to achieve an adequate level of protection. Quality aspects and molecular methods for the assessment of fish and fish products integrity are introduced. Fish products reformulation trends based on sustainability principles and the use of natural antimicrobials are also presented. 355 p.
- Daniela Borda, Editor. MSc, PhD, Professor in Food Quality and Safety and Dairy Technology, Food Safety Expert. University of Galati (Romania).
- Anca Ioana Nicolau, Editor. Food technologist, PhD in Biotechnology, Professor in Food Microbiology and Hygiene. University of Galati (Romania).
- Peter Raspor, Editor. Doctor of Biotechnological Sciences, Professor of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology. University of Ljubljana (Slovenia); Institute of Food Nutrition and Health, University of Primorska (Slovenia).
- Publisher: CRC Press
- Publication date (print): 2017-10
- ISBN (print): 978-1-4987-2917-8