Low Seleniium (Se) content in main feed ingredients is a common problem worldwide and dietary Se supplementation is a current practise in poultry and farm animal nutrition. Recent research clearly proved that sodium selenite, used for the last 40 years as a feed supplement, is not an optimal form of Se. However, use of organic selenium in animal/poultry diets can help meeting Se requirement and maintain high immunocompetence, productive and reproductive performance. The goal of Selenium in Poultry Nutrition and Health is to provide up to date information about the roles of Se in poultry nutrition and health. A special emphasis is given to the role of selenium as an essential part of the integrated antioxidant system. 432 p.
- Peter F. Surai. PhD, DSc in Biochemistry, Lecturer, Professor of Nutritional Biochemistry. Moscow State Academy of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology, Moskva (Russia).
- Publisher: Wageningen Academic Publishers
- Publication date (print): 2018-12
- ISBN (print): 978-90-8686-317-4
- ISBN (ebook): 978-90-8686-865-0