The most comprehensive conservation book on wild equids in decades, Wild Equids: Ecology, Management, and Conservation, will enlighten not only equid researchers, but also mammalogists, conservationists, and equine professionals. Readers will find new insight into the lives of the world's horses, zebras, and asses, understand the basis of our relationships with these animals, and develop a greater understanding of where equids come from and why they are worth conserving.
- Jason I. Ranson, Editor. Senior wildlife biologist, US National Park Service; Affiliate faculty member at Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO (USA).
- Petra Kaczensky, Editor. Senior researcher at the University of Veterinary Medicine’s Research Institute of Wildlife Ecology in Vienna (Austria).
- Publisher: Johns Hopkins University Press
- Publication date (print): 2016-04
- ISBN (print): 978-1-4214-1909-1
- ISBN (ebook): 978-1-4214-1810-7