Focusing exclusively on the care of exotic species as pets, EXOTIC ANIMAL CARE AND MANAGEMENT, 2ND EDITION delves into the unique behaviors, diet, housing considerations, handling and restraint methods, medical concerns and clinical procedures related to the proper management of these animals. Reader-friendly and concise, each chapter covers a specific exotic animal commonly found in veterinary practice, including small mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates, alpacas and llamas, miniature pigs and backyard chickens. Also included is an overview of specific concerns and zoonotic diseases associated with exotic animals so that veterinary technicians are fully prepared to contribute to their care and treatment. 384 p.
- Vicky Judah. AS, CVT (Retired), Former Program Director of Companion Animal Science at Utah's Jordan Applied Technology Center, West Jordan, UT (USA).
- Kathy Nuttall. MS, CVT, Developer and Instructor of the Veterinary Assistant/Veterinary Technician Program at Utah's Jordan Applied Technology Center, West Jordan, UT (USA).
- Publisher: Cengage Learning
- Publication date (print): 2016-01
- ISBN (print): 978-1-285-42508-5