The revised fifth edition of Clinical Laboratory Animal Medicine: An Introduction is an accessible guide to basic information for conducting animal research safely and responsibly. It includes a review of the unique anatomic and physiologic characteristics of laboratory animals, husbandry practices, and veterinary care of many animals frequently used in research, including rodents, rabbits, ferrets, zebrafish, nonhuman primates, and agricultural animals. The updated fifth edition adds two new chapters on zebrafish and large animals, new information on transgenic models and genetic editing, and expanded coverage of environmental enrichment and pain management. 505 p.
- Lesley A. Colby. DVM, MS, DACLAM.
- Megan H. Nowland. DVM, DACLAM.
- Lucy H. Kennedy. DVM, DACLAM.
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- Publication date (print): 2019-11
- ISBN (print): 978-1-119-48956-6
- ISBN (ebook): 978-1-119-48959-7