All you ever wanted to do was help. But before you can truly help your patients and your clients, you need to help yourself and your team. The only book of its kind specific to veterinary practices, When Helping Hurts: Compassion Fatigue in the Veterinary Profession utilizes helpful quizzes, case studies, and worksheets to not only help prevent compassion fatigue before it starts, but also to combat it once it occurs, improving the quality of life of everyone involved. 159 p.
- Kathleen Ayl. Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. Grief Recovery Institute-certified Grief Recovery Specialist, Practice to Pet loss and veterinary team support, Brend, OR (USA).
- Publisher: AAHA press [American Animal Hospital Association Press]
- Publication date (print): 2014-12
- ISBN (print): 978-1-58326-181-1
- ISBN (ebook PDF): 978-1-58326-188-0