Advances in underwater exploration, in situ observation of fish populations, as well as the development of cutting-edge technologies, provide modern insights into behaviors and strategies of fish, whose cognitive abilities have long been underestimated and undervalued. Fish Behavior 2 presents current knowledge about fish biology, ecology and ethology. In light of the most recent scientific work, it examines topics such as their reproductive behavior and the expression of their personalities. It also addresses issues associated with neurophysiological conditioning of behaviors, in relation to the structural and functional complexity of their brains. 245 p.
Series: Ecological Sciences
- Jacques Bruslé. Honorary Professor. University of Perpignan (France).
- Jean-Pierre Quignard.Honorary Professor. Manager of the Mediterranean ichthyological laboratory, Member of the Montpellier Académie des sciences et lettres and of the French Ichthyological Society. University of Montpellier (France).
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- Publication date (print): 2020-03
- ISBN (print): 978-1-786-30537-4
- ISBN (ebook PDF): 978-1-119-72226-7