Poultry production continues to make tremendous advances. This thoroughly revised fifth edition of Poultry Science presents students and professionals alike with valuable, research-based material relevant to all stages of a poultry career. Areas covered include global and commercial poultry production; poultry business organization; and production of meat chickens (broilers), turkeys, eggs, ducks, geese, game birds, and other poultry. Other chapters cover the fundamental science behind production: poultry biology, genetics, behavior, diseases/health, housing, ventilation, and processing. New or greatly expanded sections cover biosecurity; poultry stress/welfare; feed additives; food safety; incubation; controlling pests; poultry waste and environmental issues; brooding; and organic, free-range, and niche poultry production. 489 p.
- Colin G. Scanes. University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR (USA).
- Karen D. Christensen. University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR (USA).
- Publisher: Waveland Press, Inc
- Publication date (print): 2019-11
- ISBN (print): 978-1-4786-3582-6