Since the last edition of this definitive textbook was published in 2013, much has happened in the field of animal behavior. In this fourth edition of Principles of Animal Behavior, Lee Alan Dugatkin draws on cutting-edge new work not only to update and expand on the studies presented, but also to reinforce the previous editions’ focus on ultimate and proximate causation, as well as the book’s unique emphasis on natural selection, learning, and cultural transmission. The result is a state-of-the-art textbook on animal behavior that explains underlying concepts in a way that is both scientifically rigorous and accessible to students. Each chapter in the book provides a sound theoretical and conceptual basis upon which the empirical studies rest. 1237 p.
- Lee Alan Dugatkin. Animal behaviorist, evolutionary biologist, and historian of science. Department of Biology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY (USA).
- Publisher: The University of Chicago Press
- Publication date (print): 2020-01
- ISBN (print): 978-0-226-44838-1
- ISBN (ebook PDF): 978-0-226-44841-1