Equine Endocrinology provides a practical, clinical approach to diagnosing, treating, and managing endocrine diseases in the horse. Each chapter uses the same structure to form a user-friendly tool of information and advice on aetiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis and treatment for each endocrine disorder. It covers: approaches to endocrine disorders; diseases of the hypothalamo-pituitary-thyroid axis; disorders in calcium regulation and diseases of the parathyroid gland; diseases of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenocortical axes; diseases of the endocrine pancreas and Equine Metabolic Syndrome; hyperlipaemia and lipid metabolism disorders and endocrine disorders associated with the female and male reproductive systems. 148 p.
- François-René Bertin. DVM, MS, PhD, DACVIM (LAIM), Senior Lecturer in Equine internal medicine, School of Veterinary Science, The University of Queensland, Gatton, Queensland (Australia).
- Natalie S. Fraser. DVM, MS, DACT, Senior Lecturer in Theriogenology, School of Veterinary Science, The University of Queensland, Gatton, Queensland (Australia).
- Publisher: CABI
- Publication date (print): 2020-09
- ISBN (print): 978-1-78924-109-9
- ISBN (ebook PDF): 978-1-78924-110-5