Covering essential principles of anesthesia administration and pain management in small and large animals, Anesthesia and Analgesia for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition is completely updated with the latest drugs and techniques. This entry-level practical resource prepares you to properly administer anesthesia with the most up-to-date information on pre-anesthetic preparation of the patient, induction procedures, monitoring animals’ vital signs during the anesthetic period, and postoperative care. 456 p.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- NEW! Updated drug information, equipment, and techniques keep you up-to-date on the latest advances in the field.
- NEW! Content on camelid anesthesia prepares you to properly treat llamas and alpacas.
- John A. Thomas, DVM, Associate Professor, Veterinary Technology. Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, OH (USA).
- Phillip Lerche, BVSc, PhD, Dipl ACVA, Assistant Professor, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH (USA).
- Publication date (print): 2016-04
- ISBN (print): 978-0-323-24971-3