Cooperative Veterinary Care puts the focus on preventing and reversing fear and stress in the veterinary setting through preparation, planning, and most importantly training. 264 p.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Offers evidence-based cooperative techniques to prevent fear and calm reactive patients, with concrete guidance for preventing, identifying, and reversing fear and stress in the veterinary setting
- Provides a unique system for identifying patients and selecting the right technique for each pet
- Supplies information on safe patient exams and interactions without the need for restraint
- Covers strategies to successfully implement these new techniques every day and boost client compliance
- Presents step-by-step detailed training protocols, including photographs.
- Alicea Howell, BS, RVT, VTS, KPA CTP, Veterinary technician specialist in behavior. Hillview Veterinary Clinic in Franklin, IN (USA).
- Monique Feyrecilde, BA, LVT, VTS, Veterinary technician specialist in behavior, Full-time practice and owner of a consulting busines. Mercer Island Veterinary Clinic, Mercer Island, WA (USA); and Consulting business called Teaching Animals, located near Seattle, WA (USA).
- Publication date (print): 2018-03
- ISBN (print): 978-1-119-13052-9
- ISBN (ebook PDF): 978-1-119-13053-6