A thoroughly updated edition of this essential reference guide for physiotherapists and physical therapists, looking to apply the proven benefits of physiotherapy to the treatment of companion and performance animals.
- Seven new chapters provide greatly expanded coverage of practical treatment and rehabilitation
- Includes reviews of different physiotherapy techniques, drawing on both human and animal literature
- Discusses approaches in small animal medicine as well as for elite equine athletes
- Provides applied evidence-based clinical reasoning model, with case examples
- Now in full colour with many more illustrations. 376 p.
- Catherine McGowan, Editor. BVSc, DipVetClinStud, MACVSc, PhD, DEIM, DipECEIM, FHEA, MRCVS, RCVS and European Diplomas in Equine Internal Medicine, Veterinarian and Director of Professional Studies at the University of Liverpool (UK), PhD in Equine Exercise Physiology. Formerly lecturer at the Royal Veterinary College (UK), the University of Queensland (Australia) and the University of Helsinki (Finland).
- Lesley Goff, Editor. PhD, MSc(AnimPhysio), MAPpSc(ExSpSc), GDip(Manip), BAppSc(Physio); One of the world’s leading Animal Physiotherapists, currently balancing an animal physiotherapy practice in Queensland, Australia, with presenting at vet/physiotherapy conferences in Australia and internationally; Consultant Animal Physiotherapist. Veterinary Medical Centre at the University of Queensland (Australia).
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell
- Publication date: 2016-05