This fully revised and expanded edition of Veterinary Epidemiology introduces readers to the field of veterinary epidemiology. The new edition also adds new chapters on the design of observational studies, validity in epidemiological studies, systematic reviews, and statistical modelling, to deliver more advanced material. 885 p.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Presents new chapters essential to the continued advancement of the field
- Includes examples from companion animal, livestock, and avian medicine, as well as aquatic animal diseases
- Focuses on the principles and concepts of epidemiology, surveillance, and diagnostic-test validation and performance
- Michael Thrusfield, Veterinary Clinical Sciences. University of Edinburgh (UK), Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies.
- Robert Christley, Epidemiology & Population Health specialist. Institute of Infection & Global Health, and Institute of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool (UK).
- Publication date (print): 2018-04
- ISBN (print): 978-1-118-28028-7
- ISBN (ebookPDF): 978-1-118-28026-3