Written by internationally renowned equine-assisted mental health professionals, this edited collection teaches counselors how to design and implement equine-assisted mental health interventions for different populations and various challenges. Supported by ethical considerations and theoretical frameworks, chapters cover common issues including depression, anxiety, grief, ADHD, autism, eating disorders, substance abuse, self-esteem, social skills and communication, couples and family work, and professional development. 280 p.
- Kay Sudekum Trotter, Editor. PhD, LPC-S, RPT-S, NCC, CEIP-MH, Licensed professional counselor supervisor, author, speaker, and consultant; Founder of Kaleidoscope Behavioral Health, Flower Mound, TX (USA).
- Jennifer N. Baggerly, Editor. PhD, LPC-S, RPT-S, Professor of Counseling, Licensed professional counselor supervisor, Registered play therapist supervisor. University of North Texas at Dallas, TX (USA); Kaleidoscope Behavioral Health, Flower Mound, TX (USA).
- Publisher: Routledge
- Publication date (print): 2018-09
- ISBN (print): 978-1-138-03729-8
- ISBN (ebook): 978-1-315-16414-4